Are you a follower of Jesus? Many would say so. What does a follower really consist of? If held up to the light of the Word, many “followers” would turn out to be fans. Being a follower is much more than just attending church, having a Christian ringtone, or staying pure until marriage. Being a follower means to have a personal relationship with Jesus, not to follow some rules. It means having a DTR talk, and seeing how committed to Jesus you really are.
- The premise. I really loved the book as a whole. It was interesting enough to keep up with a teenager’s attention span, but profound enough to make you think. Hard.
- The prologue. I could not believe how insightful it was. Literally. I read it a few times just to grasp the profoundness therein. Free bread? Ouch hallelujah.
- The down to earth writing style. Wow. It is really hard to maintain the balance between profound and approachable. Kyle Idleman did it well.
- The prologue. I know I wrote it twice, but seriously. It was fantastical.
- How much it challenged me. Just kidding. That was my flesh talking, my spirit loved it J
I would 100% recommend this book to anyone. Literally. While it is meant for teenagers, I think anyone could benefit from reading once, or twice, or a lot. (There is an adult version, which I hope to read soon.) I give this book 5 out of 5 stars.
This book was given to me for free from Zondervan in exchange for my honest review.