Ellie Moore has lost all hope. She was fired humiliatingly from her job as an actress’s assistant, and with nothing more than a few dresses and wigs to her name, she is growing increasingly worried about her future. When she overhears two men with the need for an observant actress, she jumps on the opportunity. She is accepted as a detective, and is sent to Arizona to solve her first mystery. When her investigating partner decides not to continue with the investigation, Ellie must decide whether to continue alone, or to give up.
- The humor. There were parts of this book where I chortled, cackled, and guffawed. Loudly.
- The suspense. I really couldn’t wait to see what Ellie would discover.
- The unique theme. I have noticed that most Christian historical fiction books almost always have some of the same plots, but this book was totally unique!
- The characters. The author did a fantastic job describing characters, you almost felt as if you knew them personally.
- The lighthearted romance. I loved how clean, pure, and beautiful the love story was.
- Nothing important. I think at the end, I would’ve enjoyed Steven telling Ellie that she was beautiful(on the outside.) The author still ended it really well though!
If you have been looking for a humorous, romantic, pure, and funny book, this is the book for you! I absolutely adored the perfect mix of characters, descriptions, and plot twists. This book is a fantastic read for ages 14+
Bethany House Publishers gave me this book in exchange for an honest review.