The Lowdown: Margaret Elinor Macy is to inherit an enormous sum of money on her 25th birthday. Unfortunately, her stepfather's nephew is after that money; having been given permission to use any means necessary to woo Margaret. She is forced to flee her home to protect her virtue. She is caught up in many circumstances that lead her to be employed by not one, but two of her former suitors. She must now work as a housemaid, a far step from her former residence. With mystery, beautifully descriptive details, and a heartwarming romance, this book should definitely be on your to-read list!
- The plot. It was very creative, and contained items from many genres. It was suspenseful, romantic, mysterious, and historical all at once
- Mr. Nathaniel Upchurch. Once you read it, you'll understand.
- The detail. So many books have a great storyline, but they do not have very much if any descriptive paragraphs. I believe these help one to see the beautiful settings in which the stories take place.
- The setting. I have always thought the English countryside in the early 1800s would have been a lovely place!
- The beginning. It was just a bit hard to get into the first three chapters or so, but it completely transfixes the reader thereafter.
Overall, this was a fantastic read, sure to capture readers. If you visit a bookstore in the next few weeks, please pick up this wonderful book! It will definitely be worth your while!
This book was given to me from Bethany House Publishers in exchange for this review
P.S. I have not posted in so long, life has been so busy, but hopefully I will be able to post more over these next few months